Site Meter



Wednesday, July 04, 2012

In memory of My Mommy, Miss Piggy




I was adopted when 6 weeks old, bald until 2, toothless until 2 1/2 and needed sugar in some form of chocolate from age 5 and yet SHE continued to love me more and more and more. SHE being my mom, Peggy or as I loved to shout to the world PIGGY!! Mom looked like a movie star from the 30's. Red bow tie lip stick, hair in an up sweep, classy figure enhancing dresses that showed off her great legs and always wore a hat and gloves to the racetrack.She could of been an Interior Decorator. Our house always looked cutting edge and she did everything herself inside and out. I never heard or saw her argue with friends. She was the Peacemaker and her friends were with her to the finish...oh how she laughed, danced and played with her friends, always keeping in touch especially through those middle years where many suffered from some form of temporary insanity. She could make the best fired chicken and homemade fries. Her pumpkin pie was epic and she would drop everything when you arrived and fill you with love. She was my last call of the day. She was such a lady and so missed everyday but especially to day. Happy Birthday Piggy, wish we could have a game of Pounce and Sarah could humiliate you instead of me. You would be so proud that the game baton has been passed to another woman in the family.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada