Site Meter



Friday, December 02, 2011

Kicked out

 

Bad News.....I have been restricted from using the pool. I completely understand the thinking behind the decision and am grateful for the 3 months I have had being part of the classes. This whole concept of Gated Communities is new and sometimes seems from the outside looking in as small minded governance. In actual fact it makes sense that the Community builds, maintains and financially supports the facility and allowing outside users does not assist the Community as a whole. However.....If it would look at outside users, there by owner invitation, paying for the classes but also adding a user fee as a possibility. I am disappointed on two levels....one; my own loss of facility and friends and two; my BFF, I have been picking up 3 times a week (really people , do you actually think I am driving from the westside,across the bridge when there is a pool 8 blocks from my home because of the pool?} Not likely.I do it out of love for my friend, one of your owners, who has her own medical challenges, both physical and emotional and now will most likely not be motivated to attend the classes and that worries me because I care about her well being. My recommendation to these Gated Communities is to be more forward thinking, more cognisant of their owners needs and embrace flexibility and user options. I would have welcomed the discussion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada