Site Meter



Wednesday, May 30, 2012

and....On the Second Day

With the energy of a 50 year old I excitedly got up and organized myself to plant my first garden in 8 years. Happy face times 10 and reacquainting myself with my tools, I skipped next door and began to plant my summer garden. Don't visualize a 120 by 180 foot garden, Dear Reader. This is a little plot of maybe 16 feet by 10 and I worked for a good 4 hours,weeding, planting, labeling and supporting my little dream. As the window of bendiness closed, and I addressed the copious sweating as what it was ....my unique response to pain I...cleaned up and went home to take a shower.The Dude stopped me before I actually got wet. "I will help you dig out the weeds and dig holes for the bedding plants", he said."Not to worry," I added, those sweet girls weeded and the garden is planted, right down to 3 of your tomato plants. Ahhhh! says he, never a positive Affirmation, you didn't plant the garden at the front did you? #@$%&%$#@.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada