Site Meter



Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ready and waiting

We were put on evacuation alert hours ago and are ready to go when we hear that the fire is too close to stay in our home any longer. As I write this I look at the 4 boxes of precious items I cannot walk away from.It was easy to decide what needed to come especially those things which cannot be replaced in my heart. It was not valuables. Photo albums of course; boy am I glad I put all the pictures in albums last winter. Letters from our grandchildren and from our children along with school projects gifted to us over the years, like the plaster imprint of the kids hands (this is the hand you used to hold when you were only 5 years old) they did in kindergarten.Grandma Dot's wedding gown and the top to our wedding cake. Important personal business papers and back up discs for computer info. All my original watercolors and the beautifully painted canvas bag I received from Laurie for xmas last year.My jewelry and last of all Coco's ashes.When we lock the house, load the car and leave our home of just 2 short years, this is all I personally need to start over.

1 comment:

  1. wow...the bag should hold water in case you need to douse something...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada