Site Meter



Thursday, July 16, 2009

Musings as I paint


You know how you remember your favorite doll, puzzle,game, action figure or book from childhood....mine was none of those as my earliest memory was of paper and crayons and later paints and the secret room that was the space under my bed where I would lay and paint for hours. I would scavenge paper, cardboard, boards, cloth, any usable surface and draw and paint until my mother discovered me and put me to work usually in the garden. The subject of my art was generally nature, mystical animals or spiritual native stuff. Scary when you are the good catholic mother of a daydreaming budding artist that at the age of 10 wrote poetry, meditated and appeared to be on the brink of joining the neighborhood coven. Perhaps that's the reason none of my early masterpieces are available today....mmm...me musing..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada