Site Meter



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Estote Fidelis

Always faithful, that's the meaning of Estote Fidelis, my EGH Alumni is calling and a benchmark reunion is on the horizon.The air flights have been made, suitcase outed and now the most difficult....planning the wardrobe for 4 days at the Jasper Park Lodge...I am afraid I will be safely positioned on a veranda with hot or cold Bailey's in hand while watching the more bendy of my classmates hike,paddle,trot,zip line and whitewater their way through God's country....whatever....I will be there.Therein lies the essence of reunions. It is necessary to be present in order to partake. In another 5 years, I fear we will again have changed, mentally, physically, medically and our numbers will deplete further....this year we are 23 out of 60. Three years spent in dormitory housing, under the iron rule of the Grey Nuns of Montreal, scared much of the time into endless recital of the Rosary sealed many friendships and introduced many of us to our eventual spouses. I am sad 33 of my classmates will be missing as I remember in laughter, love and amazement all of you.Try harder in 2016 pleeeeeeze....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada