Site Meter



Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Where were you Sept 7, 1971?

I was 9 months preggers with my second baby. Laurie was a very helpful 2yr old and that morning had painstakingly washed the freshly waxed hardwood floor with her own mix of Old Dutch and dish detergent. Thank goodness my eyes could not take it all in ....that being 9 months pregnant and all any floor had not been totally visible for quite some time. Shortly after floor cleanup the toilet plugged....not a happy event when one is in the early stages of labour as I was at that time. Putting on my Supermom/ wife hat and in the manner of the countless pioneer women eminently about to deliver before me I pressed on..baked a cake, put a roast in the oven and started a batch of bread. The only thing missing was the nest I needed to build. 4pm found me frantically trying to reach the soon to be new father, alerting the grands that they were about to be hosting the 2 year old floor stripper wannabe and contacting the hospital ( now 5:30 pm) that I was on my way....water broken, pressure building, and I need to push damn it ready. The lucky in the wrong place at the right time Med Student stood anxiously gazing at the crowning head of my soon to be second born assured me we had lots of time...HA! I said to that...Ha! and promptly blessed him with his first delivery.....Colleen Margaret (Coco) She would have been 40 today but in my eyes will remain the 19 years old she was when she left us....missed still every single day....loved always and forever....Happy Birthday Muffin.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada