Site Meter



Friday, January 21, 2011

No pain no gain

Here I thought no pain no gain would just be a dialogue for this year of surgery and rehab. Little did I know it would include ART. Art, that fail safe refuge for me in all times not so special. My safe place....happy place has now become the frustrating place. I have not tried to do jewelry or painting since the surgery, nearly 3 months, so today with ice packs firmly in place {physio day}, I hightailed into the studio.Couldn't reach the finding case, or lift it, couldn't open the bead drawer, the table is too high, the binder too heavy,the coffee machine unplugged, no toilet paper,no good chocolate,and I'm apparently out of Baileys....I valiantly pressed on. What can I say....I had taken my GOOD drugs and everything looked possible.NOT....NOT....NOT damn it. I will try again tomorrow when I have found chocolate, coffee and Baileys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada