Site Meter



Saturday, August 23, 2008

Art Week....Totally

It began with the Express Post to my numero uno girlie of a jewelry survival package. Last week she had whined out a "help me please, I have nothing to adorn my luscious body with", meaning jewelry. Since I was hyper alert and still on a drug high and on day 3 of a migraine marathon, I whipped a little something up for her. Well Alla be praised it was the beginning of an art buffet I usually only dream about. I moved through the bead paraphernalia like a PMS'er with an eat free coupon at Marble Slab. Today, I finished the Back to school 2008 collection for my #2 girlie Sarah and will toss it in the mail tomorrow.

Now herein lies the message. Art for me is created best in chaos and amongst other mediums. My slightly messy style I wish to call "My Method", where anyone and anything in my near vicinity is touched by my gunk of choice has a hidden reward. You have to be patient and wait for it because it does not show itself until the very end or often later than the end. Standing back this morning for a studio look has given me my direction for this next week. My revelation...Polymer clay develops a leather look and feel when dipped in coffee; Beads glued on to beads have a very cool look; Sitting on heavy, damp watercolor paper with small beads and threads underneath will emboss the paper in a somewhat attractive way; You CAN paint carpet and my favorite surprise, Metallic ink can be used quite effectively to decorate windows. All in all a very productive and inspirational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada