Site Meter



Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I am in love

Today, driving home from swimming I happened on a sight that just told me ...pull over and enjoy the full spectacle.A very elderly man pushing a walker was in trouble. A wheel had come off and nearly up ended him into the street. The walker was on it's side and since it was easily the gentleman's weight , he could not get it righted. A kid maybe 15-16 years old, walking with 3 guy friends, ran across the street, lifted the walker back on to the street, put the wheel on and shook the gentleman's offered hand.Sweet smiles between the two of the them made me smile and want to rush into their moment with big hugs for both but I didn't....they were enough. Knowing my grandson has been one of the loveliest experiences of my life. I am the mother of girls and never experienced boy joy until he arrived into my hands the day he was born....yes I delivered him and he has given me years of high points since. He would of been right there helping the Elderly gentleman, chatting a streak, smiling wide and sweet and shaking his hand. Yes I am in love with the openness of boys this age, surprised no longer, just expectantly waiting for the next sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada