Site Meter



Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baptist's ....love the passion


Like many this last week, I too have been caught up in the Tribute to Whitney Houston. It has not been the tragedy and sadness of seeing yet another celebrity killed by the drug of fame that has had me caught up in her Tributes but the PASSION of her Baptist roots and the love of God that was strongly in place. Comparing this church to my church,is likened to vibrant color to shades of grey. We Catholics could do well to adopt some of the pure joy and uninhibited vocal love of God. Honestly if you ever attend a Baptist Service it is a wonder and a pleasure to be part of the spontaneous celebration of faith. Now off I go to Mass with the intention of speaking to the people around me and singing as loud as I can...no clapping or shouting out praises that would be too shocking to poor Father Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada