Site Meter



Sunday, January 31, 2010

January is done...but not the service challenge

The month of January has flown by and what I have learned about myself is that I need an enormous amount of work....Forget about my need for exercise, body part relocation and thinking before I speak. I am talking about my superficial acceptance of the January "SERVICE" challenge.It's like the Mother-in -law vacum. The vacuming you do just before the MIL arrives so she can see the vacum marks on the rug.I diligently attempted to provide daily, some helping service to someone other than myself and the dog, choosing the task that best fit into MY day. Hmmm,that's where the plan fell apart and needs a redo. The giving part of service often entails providing when the other person has a need....a novel idea!I hope to implement that concept throughout February and see how that goes.What I have learned is to start....and to start small. It doesn't need to look like a plane full of medical supplies.....

We bless the life around us far more than we realize. Many simple, ordinary
things that we do can affect those around us in profound ways: the unexpected
phone call, the brief touch, the willingness to listen generously, the warm smile
or wink of recognition. All it may take to restore some one's trust in life may be
returning a lost earring or a dropped glove.
So back to the drawing board...Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada