Site Meter



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Fear work begins....The January Goal

The year of No Fear will hold 12 Challenges.The Challenge for January is Service and It's value and importance is best summed up in this quote by Albert Schweitzer
"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve."

He must know me because his elaboration of why service to man is so difficult definitely resonates within my cold clammy palms.

"From a feeling of embarrassment, we hesitate to approach a stranger. The fear of being repulsed is the cause of a great deal of coldness in the world; when we seem indifferent we are often merely timid. The adventurous (read fearless)soul must break that barrier, resolving in advance not to mind a rebuff. If we dare with wisdom, always maintaining a certain reserve in our approach, we find that when we open ourselves we open doors in others.....Here goes.....No Fear me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada