Site Meter



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day gone wrong

Yes I have a flipping plan! Oops, are you here, so sorry, thought I was alone. The day started as planned, 8:30 am...me having coffee, me eating very crisp bacon, me browsing through Canada's best all round store, Shoppers Drug Mart, then me having coffee. Where the plan went awry was returning home, where I was to hit the Studio and finish a painting. While I was away...2 whole hours, thinking the man and small black dog were safely home asleep a plan was afoot to purchase another car. We have 2 very functional cars, 1 pretty and 1 not. I of course drive the pretty one and have purchased accessories...shoes, bag, cell phone to match the fire engine red color. He drives the other...ummm...green one. So unless you have survived the process involving a major purchase by him, you have no vote in the following. First the telephone chat ensued.....45 min, then the drive to see the car....90 min...traffic on the bridge was a bitch. Then the meet and exchange of pleasantries, fluffing of chest feathers, measuring of...well lets not go there....50 min. Then first look through, chat, examination of possible dents, another chat, look through and finally test drive.....90 min. We are hopefully close to decision time. I and the dog need to go hurry up (pee), but no....more chat, look at papers, spare tire, nice mans Rolex and huge diamond ring....30 min.

Now decision time, drive to bank, drive to insurance office, paper work ensues, hands are shooked, shucked...whatever....45 min and we have another car? Not so fast. Nice man wants to take us out for supper. Have we paid too much or are we just the nicest young folks he has met today? Should I have stayed shopping? It is 7:30 pm and the day is done...and so am I and one little black dog says me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada