Site Meter



Wednesday, April 06, 2011

OMG...the 60's were rich in music

Making Art yesterday in the Studio and listening to some great Woodstock bands, I heard Robbie Robertson's Album, Big Pink...over and over....over and over. I came to this Ah Ha moment....This could possibly be the best band ever....EV...ER...Now that was a Time Dear Reader....the 60's. How did I survive...a mother who drank and smoked while pregnant. Tucked me into my lead based painted crib, transported me in a car without a seat belt and fed me processed, processed food. Survive we did with out PlayStation, IPhone or Starbucks.John Kennedy was assassinated as was Martin Luther King, watched the Vietnam war on TV, birth control pill discovered and Free Love exploded at Woodstock. We had psychedelics,the Beatles and the Mashed Potato.Wore bell bottoms, Fros and ate Velveeta Cheese slices.Whether you were a Yippie, Hippie or Beatnick, the 60's brought freedom, experimentation and fun in a time of innocence and all was reflected in our music and it's message to the world..."I dig Rock and Roll Music

Cats of the 60's....enjoy The Band. My favorite Album of all time,"Big Pink"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada