Site Meter



Monday, January 16, 2012

Dentist ....love hate relationship

You know I'm desperate when I make the call to our dental tag team and request the fastest appointment possible. Pending Ortho surgery and dental problems makes me crazy with fear of horrible, painful, debilitating and complication causing dental infections,so I made the call and now must pay the piper...Which brings me to the question..Do we ever get over our childlike fear of going to the dentist? Do Dentists have a personality? Can they laugh? My answers are simply stated,No...NO..and ...NO. My life long experiences with dentists first hit a low point when I was 11, and our family dentist, a fellow church member, dropped the drill down my throat. My mother a staunch fellow church member supporter explained it away with "accidents happen" and "dear, you are so dramatic and yes you have another appointment tomorrow." Second brightest memory was the event of my first root canal. I was a mother of 2 by this time and mentioned to the Dr. I was not sure if I would prefer to have a baby or a root canal. He asked me to quickly make up my mind so he would know how to tilt the chair....Ha ha...no personality,check.The dentist tag team...husband and wife duo I now have seldom crack a smile or display any form of animation. Yesterday while discussing with his assistant my continuing fear of the dentist as she was settling me in the chair I mentioned I used meditation to cope with my anxiety. The solemn Doc overhearing our conversation added....Oh you do Transadental Medication....again ...Ha....ha...can they laugh,No,check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada