Site Meter



Monday, November 14, 2011

My most favorite Blog...please visit....and be amazed.

Brian and Vickie are two of the most amazing ecologists I have ever met.Their Blog, The Happy Trappers,lives a life I have dreamed of since I was 8. I love their Philosophy, "We are a Presence on our land there are some people who think it is up for grabs (like our Northwest Passage). We trap in a remote area of Northern B.C. 100 km from the nearest road. We fly in by Beaver Bush Plane and stay here for long periods of time. We are caretakers of the land and this is how we live." They have built their Line Cabins from scratch and gather and prepare recipes from local fare (berries,fish,meat). If you assume they are Thirty somethings trying to find themselves, you would be mistaken. Brian and Vickie are in their sixties and have lived the land all their lives. It is not a recent awakening for them...it is who they are and always have been...Stewards of the land.Thank goodness we have people like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada