Site Meter



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Church ramblings

Father Dave is less than a stellar speaker which allows many of us in his captive audience to drift off in thoughts other than (yesterdays sermon) The need for youth to follow a vocation into the Priesthood.I had this daydream of wondering... what if we suddenly looked like we did 40 years ago. Would love to see the 80 year old biker dude and his biker mama in leathers and bandannas. Their colorful and faded tats and long grey ponytails give me inklings of a secret exciting youth.The very crooked and arthritic cowboy who sits in front of me, wearing very new jeans and western shirt snapped up tight under his chin with a horse head Bollo tie can no longer kneel. His soiled black cowboy hat and boots scuffed from spurs have a tale to tell. Always had dreams...read fantasies (wink, wink)about tall, ripped, blond cowboys..hmmm apparently still do. I do so love my weekly church moments and the peace it brings me.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada