Site Meter



Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I have come a long way

Yesterday while taking the vegetarian cabbage rolls and creme cheese brownies to the deep freeze, I had such a moment of gratitude. 6 years previous, injured in a car accident, I was watching You Tube videos learning how to cook again. It was a time of extreme pain and confusion for me and massive frustration for my very patient family.I often flash back to that time when my daughter caught me following a recipe for mashed potatoes then that moment of extreme frustration when I was trying to be helpful chopping onions and she gently took the knife from me to show me how. I was so embarrassed and actually ashamed.....over chopping onions...OMG.I laugh NOW at the MERINGUE INCIDENT of 2007 and the 3 months of therapy required to talk me off the ledge. So yesterday in a moment of extreme thankfulness, I remembered and reflected on the love of my family and the finding of that inner power that helped me through the painfull relearning. Power....could that be my word for 2010......p o w er....POWER.....POWER

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mesa Vista West, Okanagan, Canada